ASICS GT-2150 AND GEL-1150 UPDATED FOR SPRING 2010
Irvine, Calif. (September 28, 2008) – ASICS® has announced improvements to the GT-2000 and GEL-1000 series for spring 2010. Remaining focused on consistency, while improving stability, the new GT-2150™ and GEL-1150™ models, which are part of the performance structured cushioning collection, also feature a better fit and decreased weight.
The GT-2000 series has been ASICS’ number one performance running shoe for nearly a decade and the new GT-2150 will continue to meet those expectations. The shoe is suitable for a range of runners, from mild to moderate over-pronators, and provides a stable platform, a cushioned ride and exceptional fit. The updated version will weigh in at 11.7 ounces, almost half an ounce less the previous model, and new features will include:
• New forefoot outsole design, with a more flexible structure laterally to encourage lateral release, while the medial forefoot outsole pods are larger to provide a more stable environment during transition to toe-off;
• Reprised version of the rear-foot GEL® Cushioning System, a two-piece system designed to provide shock attenuation at heel strike and create a more stable transition from heel strike to mid-stance;
• Gender Specific Space Trusstic in the women’s version extends higher on the medial sidewall of the shoe giving the shoe improved midfoot stability;
• The shape of the heel collar has been slightly modified to help ensure that collar heights do not irritate the ankle; And,
• The upper includes the ComforDry™ sockliner made from one-density Ortholite memory foam, seamless, two-layer PHF® memory foam in the heel collar, and a multi-piece eye-stay for improved upper comfort.
The GEL-1000 series has been a mainstay in ASICS’ performance line for many years, with a broad appeal that attracts a variety of runners. The GEL-1150 has improved technology and comfort features, has a more fashion forward look and the weight has dropped to a remarkable 10.9 ounces. The GEL-1150 is considered the best value in the performance collection with new features including:
• Decoupled heel cartridge which provides both improved shock attenuation and a smoother transition from heel strike to mid-stance;
• The forefoot echoes the heel environment with a new decoupled structure to ensure plenty of flexibility and a quick transition to toe-off;and,
• The upper employs the same heel geometry found on the GT-2150.
Both shoes will be available as of November 1 at specialty running shops and nationwide beginning on January 1, 2010 in all other retailers. The GT-2150 will retail for $100 and the GEL-1150 for $85.00.
ASICS Corporation, with more than 50 years of footwear manufacturing experience, offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories. For more information, please visit www.asics.com.
The stripe design featured on the sides of ASICS® shoes is a trademark of ASICS Corporation and is a registered trademark in most countries of the world.
Copyright © 2015 American Track & Field Athlete a Fortius Media Group, LLC Publication